Business Development Intern
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Business Development Intern to assist our marketing and sales team. The individual in this role will focus on marketing, sales, and operations for our LED PAYS program; educating commercial and multi-family building owners/managers about the benefits of upgrading to LED lighting. Our unique model of no upfront cost, pay-as-you-save retrofitting provides an advantageous market differentiator.
- Develop and organize marketing strategies including mass mailings, lunch and learns, and other networking events.
- Assist with sales relationships from lead prospecting all the way through contract signature.
- Help create a strong pipeline of new leads by developing and nurturing your network and targeting high return lead sources.
- Cold calling and community canvassing, primarily to referrals from channel partners and current customers.
- Help with operational duties including: invoicing, building audits, developing energy savings reports, and rebate processing.
- You are a proactive extrovert who enjoys talking to people and generating interest in using sustainability to save money while making the world a better place.
- You have an interest in learning about direct sales (B2B).
- You are great at communicating via email, phone, and in-person with individuals and small groups.
- You love to connect with new people, and have a significant professional network.
- You have working knowledge of web tools and software used in business development and marketing.
- You are well organized, and focused on priorities and performance objectives.
- You can quickly evaluate, adapt and come up with ideas to overcome barriers.
- You are interested in reducing energy use in commercial and multifamily properties.
- You are interested in working in a start-up, fast paced environment, where your work has a direct impact on company growth.
Please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Business Development Intern”. Submissions with cover letters are optional but will be given priority.