Business Development Associate
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Business Development Associate to be the sales driver for the company. The individual in this role will focus on B2B sales for ourLED PAYS program; convincing commercial and multi-family building owners/managers to upgrade to LED lighting for $0 upfront cost.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy focused on selling directly to prospects as well as through channel partners.
• Manage sales relationships from lead prospecting all the way through contract signature.
• Create a strong pipeline of new leads by developing and nurturing your network and targeting high return lead sources.
• Cold calling, predominately to referrals from channel partners and current customers.
• Develop and present proposals to prospects and keep them interested and enthusiastic about our technology/services.
• Constantly think of and try innovative tactics to share your message more effectively.
• Help create processes to improve the sales cycle including process improvement in lead generation, qualification, and communication.
• Help develop a high performing sales team, and provide insight and support in other areas critical to the growth of our company.
• You are a proactive extrovert who enjoys talking to people, and generating interest to save money and make the world a better place.
• You have at least 6 months of experience and success in direct sales (B2B preferred).
• You are great at communicating via phone, email, and in person with individuals and small groups.
• You love to connect with new people, and have a significant professional network.
• You have working knowledge of web tools or software used (or that may be used) in business development.
• You are well organized, and focused on priorities and performance objectives.
• You can quickly evaluate, adapt and come up with ideas to overcome barriers.
• You are interested in commercial buildings and reducing their energy use.
• You are interested in working in a start-up, fast paced environment, where your work has a direct impact on company growth.
Please send your resume in PDF format to email@example.com with the email subject “Business Development Associate”. Submissions with cover letters are optional but will be given priority.